One Day At A Time

October is a busy month, school, CCD, sports, homework, play dates, Halloween, and birthdays, lots of birthdays.  I’ve found that during busy and stressful times of the year, right after all the action has subsided, I tend to get sick.  I’m sure, a result of running on empty for a long time, or rather running on the wrong things, like coffee, sweets, and not enough sleep or exercise.

So, this October, I’ve decided to try and quiet my mind, as much as I can, and take it one day at a time.  I’m hoping that by concentrating on what has to be completed for each day (like cupcakes for Little Lady’s class tomorrow), that I won’t become overwhelmed and consequently, stressed, by our busy month.  As of yesterday, it was working.  We’ll see how today goes.

On top of all our activities and home projects that seem to be occurring simultaneously, I am trying like crazy to get this room in order, and hope to share my progress with you later this week, or next week, or whenever I transform this room into command central.Don’t worry, it doesn’t always look this bad, but this tornado like appearance tends to happen about every two weeks, unitl I go in and give it a good clean, only for it to get totally destroyed again.  I’m trying to organize it so this doesn’t keep happening and it just stays clean, uncluttered, and organized.

Today, though, I still want to talk about the weekend.  Last Friday, my husband and I got a special treat.  For the first time, since our children have been born, we went away for the night.  Thank you, Mom and Dad!  Since it was a short trip, we stayed close to my parents house at Borgata’s Water Club, an upscale extension of the Borgata casino.

We had a beautiful room and beautiful view.  This picture, taken through a window, and without a wide angle lens, doesn’t do it justice.Since our trip was a birthday gift for my husband, we met his twin brother and sister-in-law for dinner at the Old Homestead Steak House. We treated ourselves, thoroughly!It was a great night with great food, but not a great night for gambling.  Thankfully, my other half is not much of a gambler, because I lost enough for both of us.

It was a short trip, but a long overdue one.  I’m just sorry I didn’t get a chance to use their spa facilities.

The next day, in the spirit of Fall, we visited a corn maze.  It was huge, fun, and family friendly.  Throughout the maze, there were hidden questions. I think if you answered them all, you could turn in your answer sheet for a chance to win a prize, or something like that.  It didn’t matter, though, because we couldn’t even find all the questions.  And, we never could figure this one out.  It’s not All Hallow’s Eve.I have to tell you, I was feeling a little dizzy by the end. Had it not been for the colored tape, we might never have found our way out of there.After the maze, Little Lady and Second Son got their cowboy on and took these wild mares for a spin, while first son watched skeptically from the sidelines.  Little Lady was in heaven!  I think she wants one for her birthday.

Sunday was another glorious day. Determined to make the most of the weekend, my mom and I headed down to Wildwood to enjoy the Fall Fest at Morey’s Pier and Mariner’s Landing.  There was much to enjoy, spooky decorations, discounted wristbands, strolling entertainers, free face painting and pumpkin decorating.  I loved the ghost umbrellas.  This was the first time any of my kids got their faces painted.  I know some children love it, but my children, not so much.  I think they look pretty cool!  She wants to be a princess.He loves dogs.And he’s still not too sure about the whole face painting thing.The kids had never been to Wildwood before, so they were thrilled, not only by the novelty of the rides, but by the carnival like atmosphere, which just happens to be the name of one of Second Son’s favorite Wii games.  He was living the dream!The boys loved all the attractions and they proved to be awesome at darts.  Much to my dismay, they even won a carton (and by a carton I mean a 24 pack) of Mike and Ike’s candy. I had to put them in hiding or else Second Son would have gobbled them all up by now. Unfortunately, we had to head home that night.  For some unknown reason, our school district doesn’t take Columbus Day as a holiday.  What’s that all about?  I could of used one more day, but I think we squeezed in as much fun as possible.Hope you have a good one!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *